“From time to time, people tell me, “lighten up, it’s just a dog”, or, “that’s a lot of money for just a dog”. They don’t understand the distance traveled, the time spent, or the costs involved for “just a dog”. Some of my proudest moments have come about with “just a dog”. Many hours have passed and my only company was “just a dog”, but I did not once feel slighted. Some of my saddest moments have been brought about by “just a dog” and in those days of darkness, the gentle touch of “just a dog” gave me comfort and reason to overcome the day. If you, too, think it’s “just a dog”, then you will probably understand phrases like “just a friend”, “just a sunrise”, or “just a promise”. “Just a dog” brings into my life the very essence of friendship, trust, and pure unbridled joy. “Just a dog” brings out the compassion and patience that makes me a better person. Because of “just a dog” I will rise early, take long walks and look longingly to the future. So for me and folks like me, it’s not “just a dog” but an embodiment of all the hopes and dreams of the future, the fond memories of the past, and the pure joy of the moment. “Just a dog” brings out what’s good in me and diverts my thoughts away from myself and the worries of the day. I hope that someday they can understand that it’s not “just a dog” but the thing that gives me humanity and keeps me from being “just a human.” So the next time you hear the phrase “just a dog”, just smile, because they “just don’t understand”.” - Richard Biby
I truly hope all of you, at least once in your lifetime, feel the pure joy of "just a dog".
One of my most recent projects involves my pups. I've been wanting to do this for a while and finally made it happen. After having a friend share this quote with me, I thought it'd be the perfect time to share this project with you.
I used Model Magic, my countertop (a rolling pin has been added to my "I need this for my kitchen and random crafts" list) and an upside down glass (used like a cookie cutter, for the circle shape) to make the prints. Oh, and multiple attempts at trying to smoosh paws into the clay. **It would be highly useful if your pup doesn't mind you playing with his/her paws prior to attempting this craft!** I THOUGHT Beau didn't mind me touching his paws, but you would've thought I was trying to chop his paw off with how he was reacting. Oh, the drama! Truly, as long as you have patience, you can get it done. And patience? I've got A LOT of it, thankfully.I happened upon the two mini shadow boxes on the clearance rack and I simply used scrapbook paper for the background. The prints were secured to the paper using adhesive squares. The letters were also something I happened upon, they are also adhesive.
Ta-da! There you have it. Now, if I could just figure out where I'm going to hang them.
You should try it, too. I'm thrilled that I now have such a nice keepsake of the pups I love so much.


No comments:
Post a Comment